Thursday, July 31, 2008

Great American Seafood Cook off

This is one of my favorite simple crab recipes. My Mom used to cook it for me when I was young. Whenever we go to the market, I would always ask her for crabs and she would oblige. It wasn't only I who requested but my 5 other siblings. hehehe...Anyway, she can cook it in different ways but this recipe stands out.

Crabs in Coconut Milk

5 small or 2 large crabs
cloves garlic
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 small can or 2/3 cup of coconut milk
1 hot chili pepper
salt and pepper to taste

To cook it, steam the crabs first. Set it aside. When cooled, remove the shells and cut them in half. In a skillet or pan, saute garlic and ginger in oil over medium heat until light brown. Add the coconut milk, hot chilli pepper, salt and pepper to taste. Let it boil then add crab pieces and simmer for 5-7 minutes.

The only thing that I would like to change in this recipe is for the addition of onions. I would love to have onions in this recipe to make it better. Anyway, I know that this is such a simple recipe but who knows what other people have done to this to make it the best there is. I'm excited to see the Fifth Annual Great American Seafood Cook off to be held at New Orleans in Aug. 2-3. Chefs from different states all over the US will fight for the title of Kind of American Seafood. Good luck to them all! Here in America, seafood is very abundant and also managed in a sustainable manner. I am impressed on how the government implement marine system to trully protect the marine resources of this country. You can really be assured that whatever seafood you are eating are safe and of good quality.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=c2c9f5c1106a1605f11fcd570f243f9d