Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My Second Home

Jacksonville, Florida, USA - this my second home now. Of course, my first will always be Davao City, Philippines - my native city. I can never forget the first time I saw this place. It was from the sky inside the plane coming from Atlanta, Georgia trying to land at the airport below. I didn't see buildings and roads like what California looked like or Georgia. I saw trees. Lots of them. So I initially thought that this place was in the mountains. I was disappointed at first because I expected something else. But you know what, that feeling faded immediately and was replaced by excitement. I loved the trees. I loved the feeling of being in this place. It was definitely a promise of a new beginning. Right then, I knew that I will be happy here. And I am.

This picture was from Chris Alcantara - a fellow Filipino and Jax resident. He took this picture at his office.

3 comments:

Apple said...

Wow. The rainbow :)

Hailey's Beats and Bits said...

got you tagged http://brainbitsandbeats.blogspot.com/2008/05/stumble-upon-meme.html

Merecil Amigo Kidder (Em) said...

wow! that a nice one...

ss_blog_claim=c2c9f5c1106a1605f11fcd570f243f9d