Friday, July 11, 2008

The drive home...

....was scary! Two hours ago, I left the office hesitantly because of the very hard downpour of rain and strong winds. I already knew it will be difficult to drive but I had to. I always take I-95 going to work and back and tonight was no exception. I got wet walking from the office to the garage. While driving, I could hardly see the road and the cars in front and behind me. I had to slow down, driving at 50mph from the usual 70mph. A few times my car skidded a little bit. I saw 4 different cars that stopped at the side of the road with their emergency lights blinking. They must be having car problems. It made me afraid of my own car. What if it can't take the hard weather and will breakdown just like those other cars? There were little floods especially near the side of the road. There were also flashes of lighting and thunder along with the rain. It made me feel even more scared. What if I become the lucky car to be hit by the lighting? Anyhow, I'm so relieved now. I am home safe and without any bad incident encountered. God is good!

1 comment:

jennyr said...

good to know nothing bad happened! it is scary to drive in a hard pouring rain and i've done that where I couldn't see anything in front of me! so scary!

ss_blog_claim=c2c9f5c1106a1605f11fcd570f243f9d