Monday, June 30, 2008

Orchids

I have always admired orchids since I was a child. When we went to Asheville, North Carolina at the famous grand Biltmore Estate, I was able to take a picture of this gorgeous orchid inside their enclosed garden. I remember my Mom's orchids which I already mentioned in my prior posts. I am totally sure that we have this kind of orchid. I have seen a much better kind and lovelier orchids than this. It's kind of nostalgic whenever I see these flowers.


I remember so well, I like to watch my Mom in silence while she lovingly waters her orchids early in the morning. She talked to them believing that they will grow and bloom better which I think really worked. We always have beautiful blooms everyday. I guess partly due to the eggshells she puts on the roots instead of throwing those empty shells in the garbage. She was so proud of them. I saw how happy my Mom was at that time. I miss those days. I hope I can have flowers too in my own little backyard someday. Dreams can come true....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. I have done likewise. You'll see me here often. God bless!

Have linked you under "Dabawenyako".

http://ailecgee.i.ph

Tey said...

This is a very lovely orchids. I love orchids but never lucky enough to have a magic hands for plants
Ester's Embracing Health
Ester's Health Blog
Ester's Recollections

ss_blog_claim=c2c9f5c1106a1605f11fcd570f243f9d