Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A very sad news...

I heard from a close friend today that another friend is diagnosed with bone cancer. What a shock! It's a very sad news. Now that I'm growing older, it's like there are more and more occurences of sad news like this. Where are the days when everything is carefree? It's like we were immune to sickness and the future was so bright. How do we combat this? Do we still have time?

I believe we still have time. To those of us who hasn't gotten debilitating and incurable diseases/sickness and are healthy as of this time, we should work on maintaining a healthy lifestyle and avoid the bad habits that may lead to irreversible damage to our health. Now that I found about this, I became curious as to what really caused this cancer. I found out that there are so many causes and some of them like smoking tobacco are preventable. If diagnosed early, this can still be treated through surgery. I guess my friend's disease is up to that stage where it already spread so much and that a cure is not possible. Now I get to wonder what were the things that should have been done to avoid this. God only knows the purpose of this situation is. Let us all pray.

3 comments:

Shirley Bongbong said...

Hey that's what I am experiencing right now. Getting aware that people are dying everyday and that a lot of people starting with the age of 40 are getting all kinds of chronic diseases. So I guess gone are those kid innocent kid stuff and hello to reality of goodbyes and death. This is freaky especially if you got to suffer before it ends not to mention the cost.

Anonymous said...

My hubby is a pastor, and conducting a funeral ceremony is very common to him for our church members. Sometimes I feel life is so fragile where we meet the person few days/weeks/months ago and talk to them, and there he/she could be lying before us peacefully. However we are too blessed because we know God has prepared us an eternal lovely place up there.

Lourdz said...

That's a very sad news indeed! I remember 7 years ago when the doctor told my father that he only has 6 months to live...I was so devastated. I kept asking God why, then I realized that everything happens for a reason. I just kept on praying to God to not take my father yet..and at the same time, I kept on saying that if it's really my father's time to go, then His will be done. And now 7 years has passed and my father is still so alive and kicking. So tell your friend not to lose hope. Everything happens for a reason. Prayer is a very powerful tool.
God bless!

ss_blog_claim=c2c9f5c1106a1605f11fcd570f243f9d