Monday, March 3, 2008

Psalm 139:1-10

Today I am reminded again how fortunate I am. So many things have happened that made me feel down and lonely these past few days. I'm thankful because a moment ago, I stumbled upon this verse that gave me hope and encouragement. I'm not trying to be religious here. I just want to share the joy I felt when I read this verse.

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
You perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue,
You know it completely, O Lord.
You hem me in-behind and before;
You have laid your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
Too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
If I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
If I settle on the far side of the sea,
Even there your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.

-Psalm 139:1-10 NIV

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=c2c9f5c1106a1605f11fcd570f243f9d